The ESPN Stats & Information Group is a pressure-packed, exciting work environment specializing in information dissemination across ESPN. Our content is used across multiple platforms — television, digital media, radio, ESPN The Magazine, and ESPN Mobile. We are comprised of four departments: BottomLine, Production Analytics, Production Research and Stats & Analysis.
ESPN’s Production Research department is responsible for providing perspective and context around sporting events and storylines including historical context and statistical analysis. For the Research Associate Manager position, we are looking for someone who is able to combine a passion for sport stats and storylines with an interest in growing and developing our team of researchers.
Research Associate Managers oversee the allocation of personnel and resources in a deadline-driven production environment. This includes coverage and support for studio shows, events, mobile and digital platforms. They also work closely with Stats & Information Group management and other leaders in event and studio production on projects, cross-platform integration and overall research coverage across multiple platforms including TV, radio, digital and mobile. Associate Managers also work regularly on shows or Researcher assignments, setting high standards for staff to follow in Researching important shows and assignments.
Growing and developing people is an important aspect of this role. Associate Research Managers need to be committed to investing the time and care to coach and teach our staff, developing them as people, and building successful professionals for one of the world’s largest sports media companies. We believe that great support, honest, straight-talk feedback and holding people accountable is foundational to our success.
Ideal candidates will possess the following traits:
– Production research subject matter expertise, including a good understanding of advanced metrics and their usage in storytelling
– Strong news/content judgment
– The ability to make decisions quickly and correctly in pressure situations
– The ability to communicate clear priorities to staffers in a fast-paced environment
– The ability to take proactive action in a newsroom environment.
– Good people management skills and a demonstrated ability to provide positive and constructive feedback to peers and supervisors.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Strong Production Research skills in a live show environment.
ESPN, Inc., líder mundial en esports, és la multinacional líder, multimèdia empresa d'entreteniment esportiu amb la cartera més àmplia de multimèdia actius esportius amb més de 50 entitats empresarials. Amb seu a Bristol, Connecticut, ESPN és 80% propietat d'ABC, Inc. (una filial de The Walt Disney Company), i 20% per Hearst Corporation.
ESPN va ser fundada per Bill Rasmussen i va llançar al setembre 7, 1979. Ara, amb més empleats de 6,500, cada any ESPN distribueix més de 5,100 en viu i / o hores originals de programació esportiva. La missió de la companyia és servir als aficionats als esports. En qualsevol moment. On sigui.
– Manage and grow 2-4 production researchers. Solicit and give timely feedback, meeting at least biweekly with each report. Write and deliver midyear reports and year-end performance reviews. Assist the staff in managing any daily issues. Ensure overall research coverage to all shows and areas.
– Work regularly on ESPN Studio shows such as SportsCenter, serving as the primary Researcher, to elite standards established per the Senior Researcher role.
– Play an active role in the department’s interviewing, hiring, training, rewarding and retention of a diverse staff of research personnel.
– Work closely with SIG leadership on projects, cross-platform integration and overall research coverage.
– Work 1-2 shifts per week in live Production as the leader of the research newsroom. This includes: Reacting to breaking news and events, pushing top-notch content to Producers, providing instant feedback to Researchers, assigning project work and requests from clients in Production.
– Participate in news and planning meetings. Pitch the Research Department’s content in these meetings to supplement coverage and drive new ideas and stories.
– Identify opportunities to integrate research content onto all existing and emerging ESPN platforms and coverage areas.
– Manage defined aspects of the production research process in order to develop information and statistics that help increase market penetration and viewership.
– Manage the process of translating statistics and information into content and questions for use by on-air talent and commentators.
– Lead in developing full-screen video storytelling concepts that enhance ESPN’s reputation as a leader in statistical analysis for both Studio and Event productions, incorporating advanced statistics and analytics.
– Help oversee the development and maintenance of Research resources such as the stylebook, pronunciation guides, calendar, statistical tools and analytic interfaces, and sports databases.
– Work with Creative Services and Technology Division to design new graphics and visualizations to better display the department’s information.
Últimes publicacions de Broadcast Beat Magazine (veure totes les)
- Powering the Most Captivating Webcasting Workflows with Matrox® Monarch EDGE - Juny 14, 2019
- Remote Possibilities in Broadcast Post-Production - Juny 14, 2019
- Video Department/Production Assistant - Juny 13, 2019